Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CS 5.1 playlist problem

Dec 3, 2012 4:54 AM

I have a number of short movies in one Encore project

There are no chapters other than at the start of each movie, each movie being is on its own timeline

I have one main menu and two sub menus, the main menu has two playlist buttons and the sub menus have a play button for each movie, each movie returns to its sub menu when it ends

I have two playlist buttons on the main menu, one to play a number of movies one after the other and the second playlist plays all the remaining movies

At the end of each playlist the DVD returns to the main menu

In a Bluray player and also a DVD player the first playlist plays OK the second repeats two of the movies

Any ideas what is the problem?

Col

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 3, 2012 5:04 AM   in reply to Biggles Lamb

In a Bluray player and also a DVD player

Is this a DVD or BD?

Please post a screenshot of your flowchart.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 3, 2012 10:23 AM   in reply to Biggles Lamb

Why all the overrides? With separate timelines, you don't need them.

And for most of them, I think you get what you are currently setting by making the end action of the timeline to be "last menu."

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 5, 2012 1:39 PM   in reply to Biggles Lamb

I do not understand your comments...

end action of the timeline to be "last menu."

What am I supposed to do when the timeline ends?

I want the timeline to return to the menu from where it was chosen

If I or any other Encore user does not set an end action you get an error message in Check Project

Sorry if that was confusing. I think we agree. You want an end action for each timeline, and you want it to be "Return to Last Menu."

From the flowchart, I believed that you were setting explicit end actions (which is okay), and worried that this might be creating a problem if there were any errors. Where you need the end actions to go to a specific place (or to the loop point on a menu, etc), you can't use "return to last." But in your project I thought you could probably use that simple option.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 6, 2012 7:33 AM   in reply to Biggles Lamb

Most software players do not perform just like the hardware dvd players. Certainly, simpler projects have a better chance of playing on on both type platforms.

If you did not revise this project (re the overrides, etc), I would make sure I had a build to image or folder to make other copies of the current version of the project (in addition to the current disk). Then I'd modify the project to see if I could keep the good performance on a settop player, and improve the performance on the computer playback.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points