Skip navigation
skuhagen@web.de
Currently Being Moderated

How do I unregister a serial number for LR and replace it with another one?

Dec 3, 2012 6:46 AM

Tags: #license #register #lr4 #unregister

Hello

I got LR3 with my Leica M9. Now I sold my M9 and I'm waiting for the next Leica M to arrive in the next few months. Since LR is more or less part of the Leica-Software, I sold it with it and for the time, while I waiting for the next M, I bought a new LR-License.

Now I want to give the buyer of my camera the license number for the LR3, that came with the M9 and the LR4-update to it, so he can use it with the camera.

My problem is now, that I can not unregister the license-number in my Adobe-account for the old LR. How do I do that? After unregistering I want to install my new LR, that just arrived today and register it, but I'm afraid, that I have two registered LR4 versions then and can't give the solde one to the buyer of the camera.

Thanks for any help and best regards!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 3, 2012 6:58 AM   in reply to skuhagen@web.de

What is LR3?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 3, 2012 1:59 PM   in reply to skuhagen@web.de

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 5, 2012 11:30 AM   in reply to skuhagen@web.de

Excerpt from the Lr EULA:

"

4.4 No Transfer. YOU MAY NOT RENT, LEASE, SELL, SUBLICENSE, ASSIGN OR TRANSFER YOUR RIGHTS IN THE SOFTWARE, OR AUTHORIZE ANY PORTION OF THE SOFTWARE TO BE COPIED ONTO ANOTHER INDIVIDUAL OR LEGAL ENTITY'S COMPUTER EXCEPT AS MAY BE PERMITTED HEREIN. You may, however, transfer all your rights to use the Software to another individual or legal entity provided that: (a) you also transfer this agreement, (ii) the serial number(s), the Software and all other software or hardware bundled, packaged or pre-installed with the Software, including all copies, upgrades, updates and prior versions, and (iii) all copies of font software converted into other formats to such individual or entity; (b) you retain no upgrades, updates or copies, including backups and copies stored on a computer; and (c) the receiving party accepts the terms and conditions of this agreement and any other terms and conditions under which you purchased a valid license to the Software. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, YOU MAY NOT TRANSFER EDUCATION, PRE-RELEASE, OR NOT FOR RESALE COPIES OF THE SOFTWARE. Prior to a transfer Adobe may require that you and the receiving party confirm in writing your compliance with this agreement, provide Adobe with information about yourselves, and register as end-users of the Software. Allow 4-6 weeks to transfer. Please visit http://www.adobe.com/supportor contact Adobe's Customer Support Department for more information."

For full text of EULA see here: http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/eula/lightroom.html

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 5, 2012 2:16 PM   in reply to skuhagen@web.de

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers