Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Linking actions Encore CS5

Dec 3, 2012 9:03 AM

Nazca Flowchart.png

I am going around in circles here trying to figure out if the following 1) and 2) below is possible.

I have and INTRO which follows a MENU that gives the the option two select VIDEO in one of TWO LANGUAGES.

When the VIDEO ends (regardless of the language)  it returns to the MENU to select the other language

So far I have done that but what I want to also happen is... 

1)  When pressing the Menu button in the remote I want it to start playing from the INTRO (not the MENU).

2)  When one is half way thru watching the video is there a button one can set up to take the viewer back to the MENU?

(I do have chapters to navigate forward and backward in the video but thought maybe this is possible.  If not I just forget it.)

Enclosed is my flowchart.

Also, could you tell me why some of the boxes in the flowchart are grayed out.

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 3, 2012 10:30 AM   in reply to videope

could you tell me why some of the boxes in the flowchart are grayed out.

You have the end action of a menu set to itself. Normally,  you leave a menu end action set to "stop." The exception is when you want to let the menu end after an amount of time or motion menu loops and then go on to another menu or movie.

1)  When pressing the Menu button in the remote I want it to start playing from the INTRO (not the MENU).

Select the timeline you will be in (or all of them). Set the menu remote to the intro movie.

2)  When one is half way thru watching the video is there a button one can set up to take the viewer back to the MENU?

(I do have chapters to navigate forward and backward in the video but thought maybe this is possible.  If not I just forget it.)

Same answer here. You cannot set a button on a menu while a timeline is playing (in blueray this would be a popup). But you can set the menu remote.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points