Skip navigation
mjreccoppa
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop 12.1 32 bit and Windows 7 autoplay issue

Dec 3, 2012 11:30 AM

Hello.  I've come across a problem with Windows 7 and photoshop and I was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction.

I installed Adobe Masters Collection 5.5 on a PC that has Windows 7 32-bit.  It has Photoshop 12.1 installed.  When I plug any USB camera into it, autoplay doesn't work.  When I uninstall the Adobe Suite, autoplay works fine.  I've changed autoplay settings in Windows and tried different cameras.  No luck. 

Is there a setting in the adobe suite that takes control of autoplay for cameras?  Like I said, this only happens when I install photoshop.  Once I remove it, autoplay works fine.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael

Replies
  • Noel Carboni
    23,455 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Dec 3, 2012 11:41 AM   in reply to mjreccoppa

Not that I know of, at least not in Photoshop (I don't have the whole suite).  I have Photoshop 6.0, CS4, CS5, and CS6 on my Windows 7 workstation and I still get normal autoplay functionality when I plug my camera into a USB port.

One thing though...  I normally disable a number of extraneous things Adobe installs (e.g., Switchboard, Service Manager, updaters, etc.) via Autoruns.  I wonder if maybe I've avoided the problem you're seeing because I do that.

I'll be interested in seeing the resolution for this issue when you find it.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,455 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Dec 4, 2012 2:30 PM   in reply to mjreccoppa

That's very interesting.

I used Photoshop CS5 when it was current, and I had no trouble then either (but again, I didn't have the whole suite).

I suppose it could be something Adobe's already fixed with the suite.

Best of luck getting to the bottom of the issue.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points