Skip navigation
daveka5j
Currently Being Moderated

Duplicate photos after restore

Dec 3, 2012 6:24 PM

I was using Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 on my old laptop, then replaced my laptop and installed Adobe Premier Elements 9. I have moved my photo folder from the old laptop (D:\Data\Photos) to my new laptop (C:\Data\Photos), and also performed a backup in Elements 9 to an external drive. I have also added photos in separate subdirectories in the new location that were not in the catalog when I backed up.

Yesterday I restored my catalog backup, chose C:\Data\Photos as the location, and believe I messed up when I checked the box to Restore original folder structure. Now I have my photos in my catalog, but they're in C:\Data\Photos\Data\Photos.

Is there a way to delete the current catalog with the duplicate folders and restore again, and how do I avoid the dupliates?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 4, 2012 5:24 AM   in reply to daveka5j

If there are no photos in C: Data\Photos\Data\Photos, it's easy to update your catalog to remove references to it.

Is that what you're trying to do?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 4, 2012 10:05 AM   in reply to daveka5j

If the photos and other media files have the same names as they did in their previous location, go to the Organizer's File menu and select Reconnect/All Missing Files. The program will search your system and reconnect as much of the catalog as possible to the files' new locations.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 4, 2012 5:25 PM   in reply to daveka5j

Not that I'm aware of, Dave. Except maybe putting all the photos in the right directory to begin with.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points