Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Importing images

Dec 3, 2012 9:11 PM

Tags: #photoshop

When I import photos via 'File / Get Photo and Videos / From Files and Folders ...' they appear as individual photos in the 'Getting Media' box but when the import is complete they all appear the same - a grey background with an hourglass figure. How do I get the completed import to display the individual photos? I am using Windows Vista. Sara York, Australia

Replies
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Dec 4, 2012 5:53 AM   in reply to Sara W York

When I import photos via 'File / Get Photo and Videos / From Files and Folders ...' they appear as individual photos in the 'Getting Media' box

Can you be a bit more specific?

As a Mac user I can't check your given path but I don't believe this is the path from using Bridge but the path from windows?

When using Bridge / File / get Photos from camera  you will start the Adobe Photodownloader that has also some extra options and thumbs under the advanced tab.

And can you describe what you try to import and how (card reader, directly, file type etc) because the way you describe this it sounds to me that you are importing Raw files on a Camera raw version for PS and Bridge that does not support them.

Therefor we also need your exact version of PS, Bridge and if shooting Raw your camera type that provides them.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 4, 2012 3:34 PM   in reply to Sara W York

You question would have been directed more acruattly if you have mentioned the product you were using, Photoshop Elements.  For those questions you need to visit PSE forum at http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop_elements

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Dec 5, 2012 9:56 AM   in reply to Sara W York

I really have no idea what Bridge is and can't find any reference to it in my version of Photoshop - Elements 11.

Hi Sara,

It seems they keep sending you to different locations but the link Curt provided should be the correct forum for asking your solution.

Photoshop and Photoshop elements are 2 somewhat similar applications but they really do have a lot difference in options and usage. Bridge is a file browser that could be compared (not equal) to the Elements Organizer.

Probably because it was not clear you use PS Elements there was the confusion.

However transferring images from one to an other versions should not make a difference unless you have transferred the wrong versions. Here I'm a bit at loss because I have very limited knowledge of PS Elements and are a Mac user.

But usually when importing the originals to the new application this should certainly not result in a crappy quality.

But as said, they will have better answers for you in the Elements forum.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points