Skip navigation
YachtFocusDesign
Currently Being Moderated

Transparency Flattener and duotone problems

Dec 4, 2012 2:24 AM

Hi guys,

I am working on a almanak and the book will be printed in 2 colors. black and cyan.

now, there are some maps in it and they are made in illustrator in 2 colors cyan and black.

i want to export the the pdf in 2 colors. cyan and black

Here is the problem,

as soon as i use the flattener no mather what option of it the pdf file includes magenta and yello too.

so how can i fix this, how to export a flattened pdf file that has only 2 colors. only black and cyan? basically no color conversation.

when i don't choose no color conversation and chose acrobat 5 and higher (flattener is then off) there are no problems and i see only the right colors in acrobat pro (cyan and black).

but i need to flattener my ai images. so how do i fix this. flattened pdf file in doutone as it is. not cmyk

sorry for bad english.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 4, 2012 2:45 AM   in reply to YachtFocusDesign

What do you have set for Edit > Transparency Blend Space?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 4, 2012 3:07 AM   in reply to YachtFocusDesign

Are there blends? How is the transparency interacting with the two colors? I think a screen grab might help. You can use the camera icon onthe web page to embed an image in your post like this:

CameraIcon.png

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 4, 2012 4:09 AM   in reply to YachtFocusDesign

It's odd you say this happens when you flatten because it appears to be a profile conversion, but maybe it happens when you flatten because the Illustrator file has an embedded profile that is different from the ID working space.

Since you have only the two primaries, cyan and black, in the file, I would NOT embed a profile in the Illustrator file. This will guarantee that the clors will always be assumed to be in the ID working space.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 4, 2012 4:18 AM   in reply to YachtFocusDesign

My branch of the family emmigrated from Holland to the US four or five generations ago. If you were wondering, I'm not the children's book author/illustrator of the same name, though we met once about 30 years ago and he told me I should charge $.25 to sign his books if people asked. That sort of humor runs in the family.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 4, 2012 4:39 AM   in reply to YachtFocusDesign

Great.

And I knew you were Dutch as soon as you asked. Nobody else ever recognizes the origin of the name.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points