Skip navigation
OrderofMerchants
Currently Being Moderated

Centering page content

Dec 4, 2012 11:09 AM

I have a site where my content (banner, navbar, content box, etc) is all fixed.  When I preview and scale the browser window the background image (1366 x 768 no-repeat cover) will stretch but the content is fixed to the left.  I would like all my content and divs to stay in the center when i stretch but I have so many divs inside divs that the usual method of setting the width to 90% and 5% on the left and right margins is difficult to achieve.  Is there a way to place all my page content inside 1 div that i can keep centered?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 4, 2012 11:10 AM   in reply to OrderofMerchants

Show us a link to your page.

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 4, 2012 11:16 AM   in reply to OrderofMerchants

Answers to layout questions are contained in your code.  The fastest way to get help here is to upload your page and dependant files to a TEST folder on your remote server (or another web space you control) and post the URL. 

When your question is answered, you can remove the TEST folder from your server.

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 4, 2012 11:36 AM   in reply to OrderofMerchants

Please just upload your home.html, images, CSS & scripts to a test folder without compressing them first.   We need to see the page in our browsers.

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 4, 2012 2:30 PM   in reply to OrderofMerchants

I don't need to see everything.  I just need to see one example HTML page with the corresponding CSS.  2 files shouldn't be any big deal to upload.

A less preferred 2nd option is for you to copy & paste your HTML & CSS code into this web forum using the advanced editor > Syntax highlighting > Plain.  Do not use email for this, it won't come through.

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points