Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Develop settings (.XMP file) not saving on .CRW file in bridge

Dec 4, 2012 11:25 AM

Tags: #content #settings #preview #develop #.xmp #.crw

I have two Canon 60D bodies.  When I process the photos from one of them, the .CRW file will not save or show the processing I did in Camera Raw, even though there is an .XMP file saved in the folder with the .CRW file.  It works just fine with photos from the other camera body.  Both camera bodies have been reset to factory defaults, firmware updated exactly the same, and are otherwise identical.  When I process a .CRW file in Camera Raw, and click Done, the preview in the Content window and the Preview window don't show the adjuatments, and the little Develop Settings icon isn't shown next to the image in the Content window, but the .XMP file is in the folder with the image file.  When I open up the the .CRW file in Camera Raw again, the settings are all at zero as if I have not made any processing adjustments.  Even if I save the Develop Settings as a preset and apply them to a .CRW, they will not apply to the photo in Bridge, unless I open up the file in Photoshop from Camera Raw, then it displays the adjustments.  With the photos from the other camera body, it works perfectly.  What could possibly cause this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 4, 2012 3:43 PM   in reply to AudioVisualServices

Do you download images from both cameras using the same card reader?  Downloading from camera not best option.

Have you formatted each card in the camera after you have dowloaded the images?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 4, 2012 5:29 PM   in reply to AudioVisualServices

This seems really stange to me as well.  Since you are using the same computer, software, card reader, and card the only variable is the camera.  By processes of elimination it is beginning to look like a camera problem to me.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Dec 19, 2012 2:48 PM   in reply to AudioVisualServices

I have to bump this, because Archie360 is having the same problem with a 7D in Bridge CS5 on a Mac.

First restart Bridge holding down option key (Mac) or Ctrl key (Windows) and choose reset preferences, then try again.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Dec 20, 2012 4:37 AM   in reply to AudioVisualServices

What is making it do that with one of my 60D bodies, but not the other?

I honestly don't know, Bridge is often a mystery to me when it comes down to such behavior

And, why does resetting Bridge fix the problem?

All I know is that it sets back some preferences to default, don't know which or what. I'm not programmer nor a doctor but a pref reset is first aid and it often solves many problems (at least regarding to Bridge..)

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 17, 2013 6:58 PM   in reply to AudioVisualServices

I posted about a similar issue two days ago on the Camera Raw forum... after searching a bit I found this thread!

Bingo!!! Setting the correct time on the camera solved it. I can not being to say how relieved I was. Thanks guys.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points