Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Same problem: Photo Downloader not saving settings

Dec 4, 2012 10:46 AM

Tags: #problem #bridge_cs5 #metadata

I am having the same problem with photo downloader not remembering previous settings that I have seen discussed here before, except that mine happens for CS5 as well as CS5.1.

I have 2 computers, one with CS5, the other CS5.1, and both have the same problem (as opposed to CS4 where it was fine): I enter  my own metadata, change the settings in the downloader  dialogue box, and the next time have to do it all over again. I have tried what has been posted elsewhere (create new Bridge CS5 folder in the user library folder etc), and nothing has worked. The file that is supposed to appear in the folder does not (even after several downloads).

If I forget to re-set the dialogue box, I end up without my copyright metadata, and with files downloaded where i don't want them, among other things.

Again, unlike other users, I am having trouble in CS5 as well as CS5.1, but never had problems in CS4.

Any new ideas are welcome. Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 4, 2012 3:50 PM   in reply to resonnino

What OS?

Here is a link for Lion OS.  http://forums.adobe.com/message/4037260

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 4, 2012 5:36 PM   in reply to resonnino

Post may not address you exact issue by was trying to fix issues with photodownloader in 10.6 and 10.7.  So maybe your issue is related. 

Did the thread make any sense to you?

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 5, 2012 9:57 AM   in reply to Curt Y

Post may not address you exact issue by was trying to fix issues with photodownloader in 10.6 and 10.7.  So maybe your issue is related.

I also think this is an ACR related problem as per the given link

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points