Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
mmeles
Currently Being Moderated

Where I can find Camera RAW upgrade that supports Nikon D600 ?

Dec 4, 2012 11:54 AM

Where I can find Camera RAW upgrade that supports Nikon D600 ?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 4, 2012 12:05 PM   in reply to mmeles

http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2012/10/camera-raw-7-2now-avai lable.html

"Download Links

Camera Raw 7.2 – Please use the update mechanism in Photoshop CS6"

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 4, 2012 1:02 PM   in reply to mmeles

Since the OP doesn't sepcifically mention Photoshop CS6, it would be useful to note that only CS6 and above can use Camera Raw 7.2. If you have an earlier version of Photoshop, you won't be able to upgrade to ACR 7.x. The only way to get support for that camera in an earlier version is to download and install the free DNG Converter and convert the raw files to DNG files. Once converted, those images (with the correct DNG settings) can be read all the way back in ACR 2.4 in Photoshop CS.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 5, 2012 11:23 AM   in reply to mmeles

mmeles wrote:

I omitted to mention I have CS5 version of Photoshop. Using a new camera Nikon D600 produces "Nikon Electronic File" (.NEF) this is my RAW file I need to process.

Uh huh...and you'll need to convert those NEF files to DNG files using the free DNG Converter in order to use them with Photoshop CS5. Either that or upgrade to Photoshop CS6. BTW, it's prolly not a great idea to post your personal information on a forum...you might want to edit that out.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points