Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop quitting moments after starting it up. Assistance needed!

Dec 4, 2012 1:52 PM

Tags: #photoshop #error #up #starting #quitting

Alrighty, here is my little dilemma. I currently have CS6 installed, and have had it installed for a few months now. Until now, it's given me no problems whatsoever. Now, all of a sudden, Photoshop refuses to stay open for more than 10 seconds without this window popping up. http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/6666/capturedhu.png

What really annoys me is that of all the times for this to happen, it chooses to do this THIS week, my Finals week at school, when I reeeeally need Photoshop. As far as I know, I've done nothing to screw with its inner workings, and I just finished downloading the patch for CS6 as well, if that helps. If anyone is willing to help, I would greatly appreciate it, especially because I need this thing fixed, like, very soon.

UPDATE:

I just tried resetting the Preferences, and that failed to work.

Message was edited by: il uragano

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 4, 2012 1:59 PM   in reply to il uragano

The Photoshop Installer should have a Repair Option. You can run the installer and give that a try.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 4, 2012 3:06 PM   in reply to il uragano

I will have to dig up my installer (a.k.a. setup.exe). In the meantime have a look at this document:

http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2012/07/photoshop-basic-troubleshoot ing-steps-to-fix-most-issues.html

I finally found my install folder. The earlier versions before CS6 used to have a "repair installation" option. Not this one. The only option would be an uninstall/reinstall.

You would go to the Control Panel > Programs and Features > and uninstall Photoshop CS6 from there. No need to deactivate. Then reinstall from your cdrom.

You may want to peruse the troubleshooting link I gave you and leave the reinstall as a last ditch option.

Gene

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 4, 2012 7:17 PM   in reply to il uragano

I downloaded the stand alone Photoshop program and found the setup.exe in the CS6 folder. I selected the "I have a serial number" option,entered my serial number and selected "custom install."  The problem is that I do not know how the Suite installer works.

I also do not know if you can download the trial version of stand alone Photoshop CS6 and use your Suite serial number on it. I would think it might reject the serial number. I do not want you to have more problems because of that.

If no one else here can help you on this,you should contact tech support and ask them how to reinstall Photoshop only from your CS6 Suite. 

Good Luck,

Gene

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 4, 2012 10:37 PM   in reply to il uragano

What OS version are you using?

What does the crash report say?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...