Skip navigation
cineone66
Currently Being Moderated

After using PS9 the computer (imac intel duo) will no restart unless shut down from button

Dec 4, 2012 5:18 PM

Tags: #ps #problems #restart

I have installed several times fresh copies of ps9 and same results the imac intel duo computer WILL NO RESTART unless shut down from back button , then computer will have to be started manually and thereafter the computer will re start every single time UNTIL I USE ps9 Why ? I have taken the computer to Apple (under apple care) these people don't find anything wrong with the computer,

but PS9 software and they are correct, is there any "plist" that needs to be trashed or updates, I have tried the updates and no luck thank you.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 4, 2012 9:30 PM   in reply to cineone66

Have you tried uninstalling PSE9 and then checking if your system works fine?

Is the system up-to-date? Ensure that no updates are being installed while you are trying to shut it down. In PSE9 Editor, check for any pending updates.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 5, 2012 5:29 AM   in reply to cineone66

Go to your username>library>preferences and delete:

com.adobe.PhotoshopElements.plist

Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 paths

Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 settings

That library is hidden in 10.7 and 10.8. To see it, click the Go menu in the Finder and hold down the Option key. It will appear below the little house for your user account. Also, in those versions of OS X, while you're in that library, go to the Saved Application States folder and remove anything for PSE.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 5, 2012 8:31 AM   in reply to cineone66

Saved application states are present in username>>library folder i.e. just one level up.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 5, 2012 8:41 AM   in reply to cineone66

If you're using 10.6 you won't have a saved states folder.

If you create a new user and log in from there do you have this same problem?

Do you use any kind of antivirus software?

What are the specs of your mac?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points