Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

PhotoMerge Alignment Problem in PSE10

Dec 4, 2012 5:40 PM

Tags: #pse10 #alignment #photomerge

Hi,

Last year I posted a questions on this site about problems with PhotoMerge Alignment problems in PSE8. 

I have since purchased PSE10 and upgraded my PC to an Intel I5 processor, 8GB RAM, and Windows 7-64 bit.

I continue to have problems using PhotoMerge with large files.  Auto-alignment simply doesn't work unless I first reduce the photo size using the Image-Resize tool.

Typical photo sizes are typically in the 15 MP range (e.g. 4928 x 3264 pixels).

Today I have two questions:

1) Is there another (better) work-around than having to reduce all my photos prior to using PhotoMerge?

2) If not, what is the maximum allowable photo size for the PhotoMerge Auto-Alignment feature to work properly?

Thanks,

Paul

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 4, 2012 5:56 PM   in reply to pavalentine

1) Did you try using manual alignment tool in photomerge workflow? I believe you can use them to fix the alignment issues in your photos unless you are facing large scale alignment issues

2) Though nothing has been documented about the size images in  Photomerge workflow, I believe working between 11-12 MP should give the best result for Photomerge.

Another fact that I am unable to understand is that since Photomerge workflows have been created using actions, they shouldn't be affected by the size of the image used    

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points