Processor Name:          Intel Core i5

Processor Speed:          1.6 GHz

Number of Processors:          1

Total Number of Cores:          2

L2 Cache (per Core):          256 KB

L3 Cache:          3 MB

Memory:          4 GB

Software:

System Version:          OS X 10.8.2 (12C60)

Adobe Creative Cloud, Illustrator CS6

Problem:

Adobe Illustrator was working fine on my MacBook Pro. That is in the shop being fixed, meanwhile I have a loaner computer which is what the specs are above. All my Adobe apps work, except for Illustrator. When I launch it, it loads everything but just as the main menu across the top loads I get an error stating:

Configuration error

Please uninstall and reinstall the product.

If this problem still occurs, please contact Adobe technical support for help, and mention the error code shown at the bottom of this screen.

Error: 5

http://www.adobe.com/support/

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Illustrator. With and without preferences. Many times. I went so far as to uninstall all my Adobe products, use the CS cleaner, and manually go in and delete any files I could find related to anything Adobe. I just reinstalled, and yet I get the same error. I've read about other people having a similar problem, but nobody seems to have a solution. Anyone have any ideas?

An additional detail, I have my hard drive from the MacBook Pro, and when I boot from it (through the Macbook Air, it's attached via USB) I still have the same issue of Illustrator crashing just after launch with the same error message. The ultimate test will be when I get my MBP back Thursday and am able to see if it's something specific to the MBA.

Note: I spent an hour or so on the phone with Adobe support and we changed permissions on various folders, downloaded the newer version of the Adobe Application Manager, uninstalled Illustrator again and reinstalled it, repaired permissions, etc. and nothing fixed the problem. The support rep took over my computer and did a bunch of things but to no avail. He then said he was going to try one more thing before escalating it, but then the phone disconnected us. I was connected through chat and he said he was going to call me back, but never did and then the chat window automatically closed and I don't know how to get back in touch with him.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 19, 2013 9:10 PM   in reply to donloper

Hi Donloper,

Try to remove the "Symbols" plug-in from the "Plug-ins" folder at the installed location (please take a backup of this plug-in) and then launch AI. Do let us know what happens in this case.

Regards,

MBMSumraat

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2013 9:33 PM   in reply to donloper

Try to remove the "Symbol Panel.aip" file (also take a backup of this) from the folder Plugins/Extensions.

~MBMSumraat

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2013 9:55 PM   in reply to donloper

Sorry for the delay. I was creating a connect session to debug this issue on your machine. If it is possible for you to join this session then please use the link:

https://my.adobeconnect.com/r6ymvi1mqem/

~MBMSumraat

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points