Skip navigation
Shawover
Currently Being Moderated

DreamweaverCS5 Preview in FireFox Problem

Dec 4, 2012 10:50 PM

Tags: #problem #cs5 #php #new #dreamweaver #bug #preview #open #firefox #blank #window

I'm having a problem viewing php files (while xamp active) in Firefox when using Dreamweaver CS5. If FireFox is currently running, it opens a brand new blank window instead of opening the file in a new tab like it normally would when telling Dreamweaver to preview using FireFox. Now, if I close FireFox and then tell Dreamweaver to preview,  it will launch FireFox and open a new tab with the file like it's supposed to. Trouble is, I can't be closing FireFox every single time I need to use the preview function in Dreamweaver. I've been troubleshooting this for a while but haven't found any solutions. I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out what's causing this. Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this behavior?

I believe it's related specifically to my computer because the PCs that I use at college all work fine and my laptop handles it fine as well. Also, I've setup the localhost servers and installed xampp all the same way across these machines and I've double/triple checked the settings for typos/errors, it's all the same. Also, FireFox seems to be the only browser affected by this behavior - the preview function works as it should with all the other browsers (Chrome, Maxthon, IE, Safari, Opera, SeaMonkey).

Also, I uploaded a video of what it's doing so you can visually see for yourself exactly what I'm talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEWIE2Rug8o&hd=1

Info about my software versions  & OS:

Windows 7 Pro

Dreamweaver CS5 Version 11 Build 4993

FireFox 17.0.1

Thanks in advance for any help with this!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 4, 2012 11:48 PM   in reply to Shawover

This is not a Dreamweaver problem, it has to do with the settings within Firefox.

Have a look at the following options and compare these with what you have got.

_Capture.jpg

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points