Skip navigation
conradhart
Currently Being Moderated

Problem with embed flv

Dec 5, 2012 4:49 AM

After I embed flv video to Flash CS6 timeline, I only see black square and no video.

Please help

I go to

File

Import Video - mark option "Embed FLV in SWF and play in timeline"

Symbol type - Embedded video, all options marked except audio

Finish

Hit Enter or from Control menu - Test movie or Test Scene

All I see is black square and nothing elseflashcs6.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 5, 2012 4:50 AM   in reply to conradhart

Did you add an FLVPlayback component to your movie and place it on the timeline?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 5, 2012 6:12 AM   in reply to conradhart

You don't need a FLVPlayback component when importing it to the timeline, it creates a Video object and uses the timeline for playback.

Conrad~ You have a warning on your last compile (visible by the yellow triangle in SWF history in your screenshot). It appears to be a FLV but it either incorrectly marked an alpha channel or the codec used isn't wildly supported. I've really only seen this on transparency issues (because keyframes weren't properly marked).

What software are you using to produce the FLV and what codec and settings are you using for export? Did you use transparency?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 6, 2012 7:18 AM   in reply to conradhart

Unfortunately I don't think we can recommend something like that as content on there tends to be copyright to its owner. You'd need to ask permission before grabbing the content.

If you have permission then I'd use Firefox with Flash Video Downloader but I download in MP4 format and then use Sorenson Squeeze (or Adobe Media Encoder) to convert that to an On2VP6 FLV. I've done it in the past for clients who lost their own content but had some up on YouTube. Use addons at your own risk and be sure to research them.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 7, 2012 6:37 AM   in reply to conradhart

You're welcome and good luck!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers