In FlashBuilder 4.7 (beta + release), it consistently happens that linked assets aren't (re)loaded when compiling. Cleaning the project doesn't seem to help. Restarting FB, then cleaning + building mostly reloads the assets.
Is there a way to (manually?) clean all caches, the way a restart of FB does?
This seems reproducible:
1. Make 'assets.fla' file in Flash Professional, create one symbol with some random graphics, ActionScript Linkage Class set to 'SomeGraphicAsset', publish to 'assets.swf'
2. In Flash Builder 4.7, create new ActionScript Mobile project
3. Make new Class "SomeGraphic", link with previously created graphics in Flash:
public class SomeGraphic extends MovieClip
public function SomeGraphic()
4. In constructor of entry-point class for project add:
var somegraphic:SomeGraphic = new SomeGraphic();
5. compile / debug project
6. open 'assets.fla' in Flash Pro. Change something to the 'SomeGraphicAsset' symbol. Publish to .swf file.
7. In Flash Builder, debug -> shows old file without updated graphics
8. In Flash Builder, clean project, debug -> shows old file without updated graphics
9. Close Flash Builder, reopen Flash Builder, clean project, debug -> mostly the updated graphics show.
Any feedback to make this more workable, or a way to fully flush all caches in FB are greatly appreciated.
It's crazy having to close / open FB every time a graphical asset changes in your project.
- this has been tested on 2 different Mac OSX 10.8.x computers, FlashBuilder 4.7 AIR SDK 3.5
- sample project can be downloaded here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/608333/AssetProblemSampleProject.zip
hoping for some feedback,
Still no solution for this?
I have exactly the same problem. It also happens with .swc files added to the library path, and with external source folders - it's just a nightmare trying to get FB 4.7 to pick up any changes!
This is absolutely killing me too. I have to switch back to 4.6 tonight as 4.7 has really screwed my workflow up completely.
New assets are not getting copied over, some folders are just randomly ignored, and to top it off, now my project won't even build:
Is anyone from Adobe even listening around here?
Just upgraded from FB4.6 on Win7 to FB4.7 (build 349722) on a new MacBookPro.
We have 20-30 .swc files that contain art which are merged into code. When I change the contents of a swc it is really difficult to get FB to refresh and pick up the changes. Building clean, hitting refresh on the project or lib directory. Restarting FB then building clean seems to help. On FB4.6 Windows, we always had to build clean, but not restart all of FB...
I followed a post about setting global swc cache off, but that did not seem to help either.
This is killing my workflow - any help would be appreciated.
Mac OSX 10.8.4
Google Chrome Version 27.0.1453.116
Flash Player 11,7,700,203 installed (debug version)
Come on Adobe, at least PRETEND like you give a ****.
This is screwing with our workflow too. Getting really sick of manually copying in my TexturePacker Spritesheets into bin-debug because FlashBuilder is too stupid to realize something has changed...
Adobe, 10 months since this original post with no reply and no fix. I just restructured the files on a nearly done app in Fb 4.7 and now I'm out of business. Can't compile because Fb can't find my files. Nothing that I type in the Embed path works.
You guys need to get in the game or get out. Tell all of your faithful developers that you just aren't going to commit to fixing major bugs; that we can't select movies from the Gallery Picker; that it's 2013 and your mobile development environment doesn't have a calendar control. That you've punted GPU and GUI forms to outside developers. I just subscribed to Creative Cloud and I'm pissed that the environment is such a half *** effort. It's almost great but almost doesn't cut it. Do the work!
It's death by a thousand paper cuts.
I'm facing this problem too and I use following workaround (still looking for a real solution):
It's just a workaround ... but it works for me (and I hope for you all).
p.s.: sorry for my really bad english.
I am having the exact same problem. Looking in the Project properties > Actionscript Build Packaging > Package contents - only a handfull of the external assets are listet (not referenced in the code as they are loaded by data files)
Here's an example.
What Flash Builder thinks is in the folder:
I've stopped using Flash Builder and moved to IntelliJ IDEA just because of this issue. I no longer need a Creative Cloud membership for myself. It's too bad cause I generally liked Flash Builder, but very glad I made the switch. However, I still have programmers using Flash Builder so this problem is still impacting me. I wish Adobe would step up and address the issue, or they will lose more of my money.