Skip navigation
2632Exeter
Currently Being Moderated

PE10 video merge nightime (dark) background Q

Dec 5, 2012 4:50 AM

trying to video merge effect a person v. car collision scene, but has a nightime (dark) background.  When I action video merge I have added several video tracks to remove black pixellation (not sure on term here), but still remains, particularly at point of car entering scene. Guessing I need to use one of the matte effects (which is also new to me) as well, but welcome any advice on way to remove and/or fix.

I have also tried to do the same scene merge in CS6 After Effects but for some reason I can't activate the layers to merge, even after watching a few utube tutorials from CS5...not sure what I'm doing wrong or if the dark background means I need to take another approach.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 5, 2012 5:18 AM   in reply to 2632Exeter

Videomerge is designed to remove an evenly-colored background (usually a blue screen or green screen) from a scene shot in a studio -- similar to Chroma Key.

Is this what you're trying to do?

If not, can you post a screen capture of the scenes you're trying to merge together and describe how you're trying to combine them?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 10, 2012 3:02 AM   in reply to Steve Grisetti

Thanks Steve for your reply. I had no green or blue screen involved, so knew I was likely to struggle to achieve the desired outcome. Currently working the scenes through AE CS6 to see if that allows me to make it work.  Need to study up on the basics a bit more though. cheers.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 10, 2012 6:55 AM   in reply to exeter2632

If you have AE, at least CS 5, then you have a great tool - the RotoBrush. See this tutorial: http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2010/04/roto-brush-in-after-effect s-cs.html

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points