Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Change radius of vector rectangle after drawing

Dec 5, 2012 8:13 AM

Tags: #vector #rectangle #radius

Hi,

because Adobe is not able to do it, i was so happy to find this script:

http://photoshopscripts.wordpress.com/2012/11/29/rounded-rectangle-rad ius-resizer/

It does exactly what i want. Changing the corner radius of a vector rectangle after drawing. I can change it again and again and define the radius of the corners independently too.

Maybe some of you find it as helpful as it is for me!

Mario

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 5, 2012 10:13 PM   in reply to luckynorth

I think you may be missing the point; why should Adobe invest resources in implementing something that can be achieved in Photoshop already (as said Script seems to proof)?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 5, 2012 11:57 PM   in reply to luckynorth

Because this script exist since November this year!

If this capability were so important to Photoshop users they could have made such a Script years ago (or have someone make it for them).

I expect professional possibilities from a professional software with a disproportional price.

I am an employee at an image editing company so I don’t have to buy the currect version of Photoshop myself to be able to work with it, so it’s easy for me to talk … but what do you base the claim of disproportionality in pricing on? That Gimp is free? On price and number of sold licenses of Photoshop as compared to the development and maintenance costs? (If so where did you get the numbers?)

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 6, 2012 1:23 AM   in reply to luckynorth

The point is, that Adobe will Fireworks let die.

I don’t do web design, so I have no experience with Fireworks and no idea about Adobe’s plans regarding this application.

I’ve been using Freehand for a long time prior to Macromedia being purchased by Adobe and the application being discontinued. Naturally I work with Illustrator now and it offers some superior features and in some respects superior performance – but in some aspects it is lacking compared to Freehand. (And my »pet peeve« with Illustrator is a bug that’s been maintained for six versions now.) So I can appreciate that you are trepidatious about the prospect of losing a much used program.

But are there any official statements about the future of Fireworks?

Not that a company couldn’t »change its mind« …

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)