Skip navigation
atandon001
Currently Being Moderated

Next and Previous buttons do not work in an authored Blu-ray

Dec 5, 2012 9:16 AM

Tags: #blu-ray #next #previous #bluray

I am using Encore 5 and have authored a blu ray. Within encore, when I preview the disk I see that all my menu navigations work fine, all my chapter links work fine and once I start playing a chapter, the next and previous buttons in the preview screen work fine too, navigating to the next or previous chapeter as the case may be.

I then created a disk image and burned it to a BD-RE disk to test on my PS3. The disk runs and plays fine on the PS3 except for the next and previoud buttons. On Next button click, I get a message 'This operation is not permitted'. On Previous button click I am taken to the start of the current chapter but it never goes past to the previous chapter.

In Encore I have a single timeline containing a single 15 minute movie (m2v). I create 4 chapters in the movie by inserting Capter points and linked the end of each chapter to the beginning of the next one. My first play is set to the start of the movie and all my menu buttons are linked to chapters.

What should I do to ensure that the next and previous buttons work in a Blu-ray player? Is this a bug in the software?

thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 5, 2012 9:40 AM   in reply to atandon001

linked the end of each chapter to the beginning of the next one.

Why are you doing that? The typical method is no such end actions, the timeline plays through, and another method is used to play individual chapters, if you need them to play alone and return to a menu. But if you want them to  play on to the next chapter, just do nothing.

The menu is a popup or regular menu? I understand the first play is your timeline.

FYI, I don't think relevant here, but CS6 added bluray chapter playlist.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 5, 2012 10:19 AM   in reply to atandon001

As long as you want the rest of the chapters to play after you select one with a chapter button, you'll be fine. You do not want all the chapter end actions. One end action for the end of the timeline.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 6, 2012 7:34 AM   in reply to atandon001

You are welcome!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers