• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Muse

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2012 Dec 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to get Adobe Muse on My Mac Pro running Mountain Lion for the past 2 weeks without any success.  I have spent many hours in the chat room and on the telephone with Customer Services (mainly Anshul and his colleage) without any solution.  Each time I am directed to download a new new file I get the same message telling me that there is an error in the file and that I should get a new one from the author. 

I would like to know why I keep getting erroneous file from Adobe site?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2012 Dec 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error is erroneous. To resolve the issue all prior versions of Muse on your computer need to be completely removed and the trash emptied prior to installing a new version. If you have a utility in Applications:Utilities:Adobe Installer named "Uninstall Adobe Muse" run it. Then use search in the Finder to search for any copies of Adobe Muse that may have been accidentally moved to locations other than Applications and delete them. Empty the trash. And install using any of the installers previously downloaded. (The downloaded bits are fine. The error message is incorrect. It's caused by a mismatch in the Digital Signatures used to sign the old build that's somewhere on your machine and the new version you're attempting to install. For reasons I won't go into the detail of, the change in digital signatures was necessary. For those that regularly updated to every new version this error does not occur. It occurs when jumping from a relatively old build to a current build without first removing the old build.)

If you need further assistance with Adobe Muse. I recommend posting in the Muse forum <http://forums.adobe.com/community/muse> where there are community members, support team members and development team members active and familiar with questions and problems related to Muse. I'm sorry to hear about the challenges around resolving this install issue. Hopefully the information above will get Muse up and running for you. I'll followup with support to verify the group you were in contact with are aware of this information.

Thanks,

- Zak

Zak Williamson

Principal Scientist

Adobe Muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2012 Dec 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Zak,I have try everything your support group has told me to do, including the instruction you provided below, plus I was told to create a new account and try try to install from there but none of them work. The problem is not with the program itself, it is the installer that is giving me error. I was also instructed to run the Rev. 1.1 installer and it runs without the error message. This is the first time that I am trying to install Muse on those 2 computers.Thank you,

Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 10:55:14 -0700

To: nikhol@hotmail.com

Subject: Adobe Muse

Re: Adobe Muse

created by Zak Williamson (Adobe) in Downloading, Installing, Setting Up - View the full discussion

The error is erroneous. To resolve the issue all prior versions of Muse on your computer need to be completely removed and the trash emptied prior to installing a new version. If you have a utility in Applications:Utilities:Adobe Installer named "Uninstall Adobe Muse" run it. Then use search in the Finder to search for any copies of Adobe Muse that may have been accidentally moved to locations other than Applications and delete them. Empty the trash. And install using any of the installers previously downloaded. (The downloaded bits are fine. The error message is incorrect. It's caused by a mismatch in the Digital Signatures used to sign the old build that's somewhere on your machine and the new version you're attempting to install. For reasons I won't go into the detail of, the change in digital signatures was necessary. For those that regularly updated to every new version this error does not occur. It occurs when jumping from a relatively old build to a current build without first removing the old build.) If you need further assistance with Adobe Muse. I recommend posting in the Muse forum <http://forums.adobe.com/community/muse> where there are community members, support team members and development team members active and familiar with questions and problems related to Muse. I'm sorry to hear about the challenges around resolving this install issue. Hopefully the information above will get Muse up and running for you. I'll followup with support to verify the group you were in contact with are aware of this information.Thanks, - Zak Zak WilliamsonPrincipal ScientistAdobe Muse

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/4901760#4901760

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Downloading, Installing, Setting Up by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

zilwa, are you on Mac on Windows?

What's the error message you're receiving?

If you're on the Mac, run Console. At the bottom of the log search for Adobe Muse. If you're getting a mis-configured installer error message, then AIR is finding another copy of Adobe Muse somewhere on your computer or a drive connected to your computer. The Console log should contain an error message that indicates the path to where the other copy was found. It needs to be removed in order for the current version to install without error.

If you're on the Mac and are getting a mis-configured installer error but don't see an error message with the path to an already installed Adobe Muse, then please use "Save A Copy As" in the Console app to save your Console log and send it to me at muse-support@adobe.com. (Please include a link to this thread.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attaching the log of my Mac Pro as per your request.

Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 08:50:28 -0700

created by Zak Williamson (Adobe) in Downloading, Installing, Setting Up - View the full discussion

zilwa, are you on Mac on Windows? What's the error message you're receiving? If you're on the Mac, run Console. At the bottom of the log search for Adobe Muse. If you're getting a mis-configured installer error message, then AIR is finding another copy of Adobe Muse somewhere on your computer or a drive connected to your computer. The Console log should contain an error message that indicates the path to where the other copy was found. It needs to be removed in order for the current version to install without error. If you're on the Mac and are getting a mis-configured installer error but don't see an error message with the path to an already installed Adobe Muse, then please use "Save A Copy As" in the Console app to save your Console log and send it to me at muse-support@adobe.com. (Please include a link to this thread.)

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/4904042#4904042

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Downloading, Installing, Setting Up by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the log for my MacBook Pro

Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 08:50:28 -0700

zilwa, are you on Mac on Windows? What's the error message you're receiving? If you're on the Mac, run Console. At the bottom of the log search for Adobe Muse. If you're getting a mis-configured installer error message, then AIR is finding another copy of Adobe Muse somewhere on your computer or a drive connected to your computer. The Console log should contain an error message that indicates the path to where the other copy was found. It needs to be removed in order for the current version to install without error. If you're on the Mac and are getting a mis-configured installer error but don't see an error message with the path to an already installed Adobe Muse, then please use "Save A Copy As" in the Console app to save your Console log and send it to me at muse-support@adobe.com. (Please include a link to this thread.)

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/4904042#4904042

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please uninstall Adobe AIR from your system and then re-install the latest version using the link, http://get.adobe.com/air/ and then try to re-install Muse and let me know if that helps.

- Abhishek Maurya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines