Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

I bought Photoshop CS2 some time ago. I got a new mac (OS X 10.8.2) and when I'm trying to install i

Dec 5, 2012 11:00 AM

I bought Photoshop CS2 some time ago. I got a new mac (OS X 10.8.2) and when I'm trying to install it I introduce the cd, accept and after it copies the files, appears "The installation failed" The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the sofware manufacturer for assistance. How can i fix this problem?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 5, 2012 11:03 AM   in reply to pedrovillegas

Sometimes with old versions it works better if you copy the installation files to the computer, then install from there.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 5, 2012 11:13 AM   in reply to pedrovillegas

The CS2 version of Photoshop is Power PC code only, It won't work with your new Intel Mac OSX 10.8.2

I found this:

Q. Will Adobe update Adobe Creative Suite , Studio 8, or individual applications, such as Photoshop CS, InDesign CS, Illustrator CS, Dreamweaver 8, Flash Professional 8, or After Effects 7.0, to be Universal applications?

A. No, Adobe does not plan to re-release current products as Universal applications that can run natively on both Intel- and PowerPC-based systems. This applies to Adobe Creative Suite 2 and Studio 8, as well as individual applications such as Photoshop CS2 . . . .

Sorry, SOL

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,524 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 5, 2012 11:15 AM   in reply to pedrovillegas

Blame Apple.  The deprecated a perfectly good emulator (Rosetta) that allowed you to run old PowerPC code right up to Snow Leopard.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 5, 2012 11:55 AM   in reply to pedrovillegas

Since CS2 cannot be installed on Mac OSX 10.8.2 and CS2 is too old to qualify for an upgrade to CS6 (only CS3, CS4 and CS5/CS5.5 qualify), you're going to have no option but to pay full price again for Photoshop CS6.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points