Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Canon SX50 Raw and PSE 11

Dec 5, 2012 1:50 PM

I was told by Bradshaw, the online Adobe Chat Rep, that PSE 11 would fix the problem I have in PSE10 of editing Canon SX50 HS Raw files.  I also read on DPReview site that I could download and Install ACR 7.3 and it would fix the issue in PSE 11.  It won't install.  Anybody got and answer to this challenge.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 5, 2012 2:15 PM   in reply to hclarka**2

Can you please provide a few more details?  What exactly are you trying to install Photoshop Elements 11 or Camera RAW 7.3?  Do you receive any specific error messages when you try to install?  Finally which operating system are you using?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 5, 2012 3:39 PM   in reply to hclarka**2

Moving this discussion to the Photoshop Elements forum.  It sounds like hclarka**2 inquiry is more around how to work with their RAW files in Photoshop Elements.

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Dec 5, 2012 3:55 PM   in reply to hclarka**2

You will have to wait a little longer for the 7.3 update if you wish to edit in PSE11.

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/cameraraw7-3/?tabID=details#tabTop

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 5, 2012 9:41 PM   in reply to hclarka**2

ACR plugin 7.3 is still in beta. As soon as the plugin gets out in the market, you would be notified that in PSE that there is an update available for your application. You might also try occasionally going to Help> Updates to check if there is any update available for your application

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Dec 6, 2012 6:55 AM   in reply to hclarka**2

Your camera gets support in version 7.3 which is out of beta testing and now available as a release candidate. You may want to wait for the final version of camera raw 7.3 which will be available shortly. Alternatively download the release candidate now but make a note to update when the final version is released.

Adobe Labs Downloads click here DNG Converter 7.3 RC

You can convert a whole folder of CR2 images in one click. See this quick video tutorial:

You Tube click here for DNG Converter tutorial

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 6, 2012 9:36 AM   in reply to hclarka**2

You can download and use the ACR 7.3 release candidate with PSE11. But it might have some bugs as the actual plugin is still to be released.

If you convert your raw images to dng, you can use them with any previous version of ACR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points