Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Error Message "Device Error - Sense Code (6 28 00)"

Dec 5, 2012 2:10 PM

Trying to burn a project made up of MP4 video files (about 2 1/2 hrs in length) and when it reaches about 97%, I receive this message "Device Error - Sense Code (6 28 00) - Not ready to ready change, Medium" and then Premiere elements 9 procedes to burn a perfect DVD with menus and all.  Any ideas?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 5, 2012 6:04 PM   in reply to tjbailey2328

You're likely to run into a lot of problems trying to edit MP4s in version 9. That file format isn't fully supported until version 11.

And that's compounded by the fact that it's a Spielberg-length project. Far too long for a standard DVD (which holds only about 70 minutes of full quality video).

But if it's still working for you at a quality that satisfies you, I guess you can ignore it for now.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 9, 2012 3:38 PM   in reply to tjbailey2328

SenseCode errors are most often caused by hardware issues with a multi-drive (burner), and can be from perhaps old firmware in the multi-drive, or connection issues on the system, between the multi-drive and the OS. I would first check for firmware updates from the multi-drive's mfgr's. Web site. Be sure to read the instructions for "flashing" the ROM with firmware updates - VERY IMPORTANT - follow those instructions to the letter!

They can also be caused by blank media issues, such as bad blank media, non-RW media, that has been used already, or RW media, that was not erased.

What brand, and type of blank media are you using?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points