Skip navigation
Kinetic Eon
Currently Being Moderated

simple mobile app works on testing, but crashes on device (android)

Dec 5, 2012 4:24 PM

Tags: #air #android #cs6

Hey guys, I am sure the first thing is I am in the wrong spot, but there is too much going on in this site to find the right location, so flash pro gerneral, is a good place to start.

I am in a class ar Weber State University, while in basic Flash animation, I am not new to it, but had not really touched it since it was Macromedia.... I decided to do a mobile app as my final project. It is a simple artist app that has buttons that go to biography, image gallery, audio samples and links to my releases. I did the tests and there are no errors or output problems, works like a champ. I could not get flash to recogonize my device so I had to put it on manually. I got it to install, then when I try to open it, my phone buzzes teice then crashes.

Now I know without looking at the action script or how I have things linked, you can't say what is wrong. BUT I am totally stumped, if you guys could say what "usually" happens with this scenario I can at least get an idea. I keep wanting to blame the publishing, I am not sure I am selecting the right options. new to mobile publishing.

Here are some of the basic specs for the stage.

480 X 800 ( a lot of forums and places said this was a good general area for a mobile phone)

not sure what else to say other than I am using some basic components like the scroll pane and the scroll bar for text boxes. I have the basic stop/start for audio using a simple play btn. I am linking to outside websites for my album releases..other than that, pretty pictures and not much going on...lol

Thank you, sorry for the long spew of info.

Rick Mitchell

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points