Skip navigation
MariaClaudiaSalerno
Currently Being Moderated

How can I make auto the continue and come from?

Dec 5, 2012 5:45 PM

Tags: #text #box #from #continue #come

Hi:

Please sorry my grammar. I try to explain better as I can.

Let's see. I have included some internal links such as "continued on page XX" and "comes from page XX" for some items. The problem is that as I add artwork or text, the number of pages varies, and so I have to edit the "continue" and "comes from" manually. Is there any way that InDesign assign the number of pages automatically? I mean, for example, when I indicate to a text box where you should continue (usually another text box), just that I do but whith the page number of the expressions "continue" and "comes from".

I hope that I explain it well.

Regards from Lima, Perú

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 5, 2012 11:06 PM   in reply to MariaClaudiaSalerno

In English, these are called Jump Lines. If you already have a text frame that reads: continued on page XX, delete the XX, place the cursor after continued on page and go to Type>Insert Special Character>Markers>Next Page Number. Do the same with the continued from page XX, but use Type>Insert Special Character>Markers>Previous Page Number.

If you have a story that spans two or more text frames, placing a jump line frame so that it touches one of the  frames of a threadded story, it will display either the page number of the previous or next frame in the thread.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points