Skip navigation
Bearcave
Currently Being Moderated

Organizer help please

Dec 5, 2012 7:23 PM

Exporting my photo’s from iPhoto to the desk top and then importing to Photoshop Organizer 11, ALL photo’s show “Missing File” icon (?) in the top left corner when I eliminate photo’s from iPhoto. Why do I have to keep photo’s in iPhoto? Is there a workaround?

If I import iPhoto photo’s directly within Organizer I loose photo information, ie, Captions, Titles

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 5, 2012 9:39 PM   in reply to Bearcave

When you export from iPhoto to desktop, you are essentially creating a new copy of photos with all IPTC metadata being brought along. Now if you import these desktop images in Organizer, they should not go missing.

Can you please select one such file from the Organizer grid, and see its complete location in Information panel?

Try reconnecting one such file to the actual location (the desktop, in this case) and see if the file becomes connected again.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 6, 2012 10:48 AM   in reply to Bearcave

When you import into organizer it doesn't make copies into a library like iphoto does. When you deleted the desktop images, you deleted your photos. If you haven't emptied the trash, just drag them back to the desktop. Now you must use organizer to move them to wherever you want to keep them. For future reference, it's best to put the exported images where you plan to keep them before importing them to organizer.

The only time organizer makes a copy is when you use the "from iphoto" command. It does so then to prevent itself from writing to the iphoto library and corrupting it. Even then, the copies it makes (usually in your pictures folder>adobe) are the only copies of the image. The catalog never contains actual photos, only a database about them. It's different from the way iphoto works.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points