Skip navigation
hal_ek
Currently Being Moderated

Premeire elements 11

Dec 5, 2012 7:53 PM

Tags: #install #premeire_elements_11

I have just recently purchased and installed Pe 11 & PSe 11.

I have been having problems with Pe 11 that lead me to wonder if my install did not go properly.

For the first hour of use I could not get the timeline to function properly. This seems to have been corrected after a reboot. Now I have been experimenting with styles and I think it is not working properly. On text I can change a set of style properties but ca not save them.

One major question. I am using XP sp3 32 bit. My DVD did not auto run so I followed the book and used setuo.exe from the root directory. I later noted that there were setup.exe in both the 32bit and 64bit folders. Is this liable to have installed the wrong version?

Any way to tell?

I have some text stles that were generated in Prem. Pro 1.5, can they be used? Where to install.

Is there no way to change the presets when starting a new project, specificly we DV?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 6, 2012 11:10 AM   in reply to hal_ek

Moving this discussion to the Premiere Elements forum.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 6, 2012 4:34 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

If your installation created a Program Files(x86) folder for a 64-bit program, you've definitely installed the wrong version of the software on your computer.

Did you install from disk or from a download?

How fast is your processor and how much RAM do you have? If you've got an XP machine, it's likely it's over 5 years old and pre-dual-core -- so you may not have the power to work well with version 11.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 7, 2012 5:30 AM   in reply to hal_ek

You definitely need to upgrade to 4 gigs of RAM. That minimal RAM load could account for your issues -- especially if you're also getting tight (under 30 gigs free) with space on your C drive.

Your computer is at the lower end of the real world system requirements, but you should be able to edit standard miniDV on it. You'll likely have problems editing MP4s or hi-def video.

Which disk did you install from?

The program works great on an adequately powered Windows 7 computer -- even better on a Windows 7 64-bit system with more than 4 gigs of RAM. I can't speak for Windows 8, though it should work on it too.

Your license allows you to install the program on two different computers, assuming you own both systems.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 7, 2012 11:29 AM   in reply to hal_ek

If you are running XP, only around 3 Gb can be used by the system. You can upgrade with 1gb ,

normally you could find improvements.

My laptop Vista, 5 years old, having only 2Gb worked well with Premiere Elements 9 for DV and HDV clips.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points