Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Editing Stereo Video?

Dec 6, 2012 12:22 AM

Hi Guys

Well I've been here asking about creating ghosts, fog and other strange things.

Now I have something new.

I got a new computer that has a Geforce 680 video card, and a 27" monitor with a 144Hz refresh rate.

So now I have nVidia 3D Vision.

The 3D Vision works great, better then I had hoped and games look fantastic.

I'm having a blast, but the real reason that I went this route is that I want to create my own 3d content.

Yes, I want to have Lucy in 3D!

If James Cameron can do it why not me?

I started out doing still images with good results and now I'm on to video.

I've created some really clear 1080i stereo video.

I do this by setting up my 3D animation with lip Sync etc, in Poser and then outputting two videos with the cameras moved a set number to clicks left and right from the center point.

I then take the two videos and run them through 3D Movie Maker to get an .avi file that will play in nVidia 3D Movie Player as a Stereo 3D movie, viewable with the shutter glasses.

Now for the problems.

I have several clips done that look good, but now I want to put them together.

I didn't expect it to work but I ran one of the files through PE10, and as I expected when it came out of PE it wasn't stereo any more. 

So that means I have to edit the two videos side by side in syc and then output them separately.

I guess I can do that, put the first video together in the main track, and then duplicate it in track 2.

I don't have to worry about sound in the second track only the video.

So then what do I do?

I thought that maybe I could get it all put together, save the project as "Lucy talks about whales" master file.

Then delete one of the tracks and save it again as "LtaW Left eye" then open the master file delete the other track and save it as Right Eye etc.

Once it's all edited I can covert it into a stereo .avi file.

If anyone has done this or knows of a simple way to do this I'd love to hear it?

Is there a way to edit Stereo Video in PE10?

Maybe I could just substitute the left eye video clips for the  right?

I just though of that.

Any way I'm having a blast doing this, and they always end up working in the end! LOL

Any help appreciated.

Mike

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 6, 2012 4:58 AM   in reply to Nohjekim

If you're going to work in 3D, you probably should use a program that includes the option to edit and output 3D, Mike. Sony Movie Studio 12 is a good, affordable example.

Premiere Elements doesn't edit or output anaglyphic 3D.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 6, 2012 10:01 AM   in reply to Nohjekim

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 6, 2012 4:31 PM   in reply to Nohjekim

AVIs are pretty hefty files, Mike. That's why you rarely see one that's larger than 720x480 (unless it's using a non-DV or MP4 codec).

What do you plan to do with your AVI? How do you plan to use or distribute it? There is likely an optimal format and setting for your output files other than AVI.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points