Skip navigation
LinkPublishing_Bristol
Currently Being Moderated

I am looking for a (relatively) cost effective virtual news studio that does not look too cartoonish

Dec 6, 2012 2:27 AM

I am looking for a (relatively) cost effective virtual news studio that does not look too cartoonish. Can anyone recommend a website or software they have used?

Any help much appreciated

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 7, 2012 5:21 AM   in reply to LinkPublishing_Bristol

[unhelpful and inflammatory comments removed]

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 7, 2012 5:34 AM   in reply to LinkPublishing_Bristol

Serious Magic used to have some nice virtual studio sets, but they were discontinued after Adobe took over. I haven't tried if they still work with the current implementation of Ultra, but I rather doubt it. You could try to get in contact with Mark Mapes at Adobe and ask his opinion. He was a Serious Magician and knows all about this. I don't think he would appreciate if I were to give you his e-mail address on this forum however, so you have to use your own sources.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 7, 2012 8:53 AM   in reply to LinkPublishing_Bristol

Mark used to be active on the On-Location forum. Maybe you can find a post from him and then drop him a PM.

PS. I sent you a PM.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 8, 2012 10:43 AM   in reply to LinkPublishing_Bristol

I don't know how you would feel about the quality, because I have never actually used one, but there is usualy a free 7 day trial of Video Blocks and they have 100 virtual sets available. You can download as many as 20 per day with the trial. So you have enough time in a week to get them all. But don't forget to check out the music section for your news intro. And some lower thirds.

https://www.videoblocks.com/freeclips/

I have to warn you that I got so wrapped up in the site that when they offered a huge discount I took them up on their offer. IIRC it was around $100 for one year instead of ten times that much.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points