Skip navigation
billf06
Currently Being Moderated

Can I restore my catalogue tags etc

Dec 6, 2012 5:17 AM

I have had to reinstal my operating system on my PC, Windows 7, and foolishly failed to back up my Photoshop Elements catalogue tags etc. Is there any way to reinstate it. My documents, photographs etc were all backed up and I have been able to reinstal them. I have a system back up but it presumably does not have the Adobe catalogue. I thought I had recently clicked on "Back up catalogue" while in Photoshop but recall nothing apparently happened. Is is possible it was backed up and if so where can I find it?

As a fall back I have an older version of Photoshop on an old PC so presumably could restore the catalogues tags etc from it although would loose any from past year.

Replies
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 6, 2012 5:55 AM   in reply to billf06

If you have a backup you should search in the following location.

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Elements Organizer\Catalogs\My Catalog\

Find the catalog file and copy it to your new computer. You can get the exact file path by launching the Organizer and clicking Help >> System Info

If you can successfully copy the file catalog.pse9db to it’s new location try right-clicking on it and choosing open. You may need to reconnect all (or some files) manually.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points