Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

flash player 11 is very glitchy on ALL browsers and makes my CPU usage 100%,Streaming media headache

Dec 6, 2012 10:12 AM

Tags: #flash #player #11

flash player 11 is very glitchy on ALL browsers and makes my CPU usage 100%, making all youtube and pandora or any streaming media a headache, i have a low-end but good quality Emachine with Windows 7 Sv pk. 1, AMD Athalon Processor 2650e 1.6 GHz 2GB ram 32-bit, which isn't that bad, it used to play HD videos and everything without a skip or lag, it is virus clean, and clean of any large bulky programs, the only thing that went wrong was the fact that the adobe flash updates slowly but surely made it worse, AND it will not let me roll-back to an older version anymore like it used to, so WTF is up? no one seems to have an answer for this, and it seems like ADOBE is doing everything in it's power to not let me ask this question or get it solved, maybe it's because I AM TOO SMART FOR IT AND KNOW IT'S A FAILURE. so please, anyone who actually has a degree in this field is welcome, but no BS anymore, i want answers.

[moved to Flash Player forum]

Message was edited by: sinious

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 6, 2012 10:15 AM   in reply to Zamedeus

Here is a download to uninstall Flash Player:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows. html

Here is a link to older Flash Players that you can install in replace:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions. html

Scroll down to the Flash player archives section, many versions are available. Please choose the "Release" version of any version you try.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 6, 2012 11:24 AM   in reply to sinious

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 6, 2012 12:23 PM   in reply to Zamedeus

The jump to FP11 was pretty significant with Stage3D. Now Flash Player has a lower level access to your computers GPU to offload playing video and 3d rendering to the GPU. However if your systems GPU isn't up to the task you really won't see that performance gain.

Enter H264 video decoding. A large segment of the Flash usage market is simply viewing video. For sites without fallback in mind (or don't mind software rendering fallback), video may suffer. Using the GPU accelerated video classes may make it difficult for your system to view playback. Disabling hardware acceleration as recommended above would revert you back to software (CPU) decoding to check if your system itself is the issue (and not all the new GPU additions). You did that yet you're still having an issue.

Just to clarify, as I have an eMachine (for accounting), your computer is very much in the "budget" margin. You have a 3 year old single core 1.6ghz AM2 CPU with 512kb of L2. That's the K8 series. This is a very underpowered, single thread loving CPU. Only the most optimized Flash sites and lower end videos (720p or below) should play, but I'm not even sure if they'll "play well". It depends on your GPU.

Also you should know they have an official list of unsupported chipsets and drivers based on many factors. Here's a list for FP11 and AIR3:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/stage3d-unsupported-chipsets- drivers-flash.html

Check the bottom of the screen to see what Flash is reporting your rendering mode is. For example, mine states:

Your gpu supports Stage3D in both Baseline and Constrained profile!

Baseline RenderMode:

DirectX9

Constrained RenderMode:

DirectX9 (Baseline Constrained)

This probably won't get better in the future for you. Flash is not a low end multimedia runtime. It does require and utilize high end hardware in a much more reliable way.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points