Skip navigation
elderbishop
Currently Being Moderated

Removing the face identification squares?

Dec 6, 2012 9:17 AM

Tags: #windows_7 #photoshop_elements_11 #remove_face_squares

I ran the facial recognition software on all my photos, not realizing the several thousand faces that would be identified, and then subsequently gone through and labeled. I would like to remove all the "face squares" from the photos, but as can be seen by this request for help, I have not been successful. I have created a new catalog, and deleted the old, I have removed all the photos from the program, and I uninstalled and reinstalled. When the photos are reintroduced, however, the “face squares” are still automatically there. Permanently, it seems. I’m assuming the information then is now either in the picture files or attached to the photos themselves. I’ve not been able to discover anything with Google or Bing, but it may be a matter of just not using the correct search words. With that context, Is there a way to remove the face identification squares?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 6, 2012 11:43 AM   in reply to elderbishop

Hi,

Assuming that you are talking about PSE 11, to hide the face squares, go to the View menu and uncheck People Recognition.

If you want to stop People recognition in the future go to Edit -> Preferences -> Media-analysis and uncheck the option there.

Hope that helps

Brian

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points