Skip navigation
DANFROMBURGEON
Currently Being Moderated

PP CS6 Title Safe Motion Automatic Drop Shadow - WHY and how do I turn it off?

Dec 6, 2012 11:05 AM

Tags: #effects #frame #shadow #box-shadow

Hello all.

I'm new to Premiere (one week) after years on Avid. So go easy on me.

I've created a title that I've added some motion to (basic stuff, just moved the position/added some directional blur so that the camera pan matches the title movement). The moment the edge of the title frame enters the screen a drop shadow appears - but only if there's motion (see attached picture).

At first I thought it wouldn't show up on export- but it did. I'm sure it was placed there by programmers as some kind of marker, or edge warning, but why in the world can't I find a place to shut it off? I tried everything, watched about 2 hours worth of adobe TV, youtube, vimeo tutorials, read forums, the software's help section, etc. Had a chat conversation with an adobe rep in India and he suggested I animate using title crawl - in the end he didn't know how to turn the shadow off. I could always go to AE, but why should I have to do this for something so basic? Is there ANY way to shut this feature off (considering how customizable everything that adobe makes tends to be)? Or do I have to bite the bullet and create a Matte to over the shadow (silly considering it wasn't my creative choice).

PS: If I stack video on top of video the same shadow does not appear, even if I add motion to it - so this is a title only problem.

PPS: Yes, I could zoom into the frame to avoid the shadow (and if there is no answer or solution to my question I will do that) but why should there be a permanent shadow on a Title frame that already has several safety markers - including a while edge around the frame???? Or furthermore, why should we be limited to work inside a frame???

Thank you for your help/time. Screen shot 2012-12-06 at 1.51.46 PM.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 6, 2012 12:02 PM   in reply to DANFROMBURGEON

What happens without  Directional Blur?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 6, 2012 12:17 PM   in reply to DANFROMBURGEON

Now try it with the blur back on and Mercury Playback engine ..set to .Software only ( Not Hardware)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points