Skip navigation
EarthRunner
Currently Being Moderated

My SWF publishes out blank Please Help ;)

Dec 6, 2012 12:27 PM

Tags: #.swf #.fla

I was given a document to edit. It was a simple text change. But now when I publish it, the SWF comes out blank. I did not create it but am editing in CS6. I have attached a link to the original .swf and a link to the .fla

I would appreciate if any one could help me out or point me in the right direction.

Thank you in advance.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z78du1br7e2bpra/request.fla

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1w0uqjcy4d7l7rw/request.swf

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 6, 2012 12:59 PM   in reply to EarthRunner

There's some code in the frame script that it's trying to load that you don't have:

#include "lmc_tween.as"

Make sure the person who gives you the file gives you all necessary code.

Your LoadVars is also trying to send data directly to this file:

my_lv.sendAndLoad("formProcessor.php", my_lv, "POST");

So the HTML loading the SWF would need to exist in the same directory as that file to send the request correctly. Otherwise update it to support a full http://www.example.com/path/to/formProcessor.php

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 6, 2012 1:00 PM   in reply to EarthRunner

Put it in the same folder as the FLA itself and it should find it.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 6, 2012 1:10 PM   in reply to EarthRunner

If you can supply the code I can see if there's an error being generated.

I don't exactly know what your project is but it seems to be a form of some kind (I can't see it either). Only the part of sending or loading data will fail. If that's required before the form presents itself then yes it could be the cause.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 6, 2012 1:20 PM   in reply to EarthRunner

Can you post the file lmc_tween.as? All of this code depends on it so it can't be tested without it.

The code in the RTF is the same code in the FLA frame script. That's not what I need. I need the file "lmc_tween.as" that you said you found in the same root folder of the FLA.

Like I said, don't worry about LoadVars unless it's required to load a page but the code I see doesn't suggest that. I'm just saying you won't be able to submit any of the forms that use the LoadVars, but you probably will be able to see the interface.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 6, 2012 1:45 PM   in reply to EarthRunner

Please be careful when sharing code. That formProcessor.php file is in that folder and it contains database login information. You don't want that on the web.

I have the code now but unfortunately it's also giving me a blank screen.

In a quick inspection (all I have time for today) I see a few things.

One, your subnav is off-screen and it has a mask so it won't be seen until it's animated into the masked area.

This document must also be part of a much larger project as it doesn't appear to be something that can run itself. It's making references to itself to "fade itself in". If it were a solo document, that wouldn't make sense. It appears another file loads this file and some clips are missing that may be inserted by that other document.

For example the "mainIntro()" function is trying to fade in something called "crown_left". If I trace it, it doesn't even exist. It's also animating the position of the subnav into negative values (trying to hide it?). So whatever "crown_left" is may be important to the intro but ActionScript is reporting "undefined" for it, which means it's missing.

I think you need to find the parent file to your project which probably loads this subpage and run the parent to get it to have the missing element and play properly.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 6, 2012 1:58 PM   in reply to EarthRunner

You're welcome

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers