Skip navigation
Jay299
Currently Being Moderated

CS3 won't install in XP Mode

Dec 6, 2012 12:40 PM

I know it's not supported but CS3 used to work on Win 7 x64. Unfortunately it recently died. Probably a Windows update killed it.

I tried installing in XP Mode and only Acrobat and Shared Components installed. The others failed ("component install failed"). I can't even use Acrobat because CS must be activated by one of the othe CS programs.

Any ideas?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 6, 2012 9:10 PM   in reply to Jay299

Run the Creative Suite Cleaner Tool and try again. also refer to this (the CS3 section, obviously):

Installation and Licensing Problems

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 7, 2012 2:38 AM   in reply to Jay299

If you're running out of activations, all that is required is a call to activation support. Still, I don't think that is the issue. I'd be more inclined to think that this is an issue with stored install paths or some of the networking stuff failing. To fix the path issue, you might simply try to delete the caps.db. As per the hubub on my page, you would then install CS3, uinstall it again without running any cleaners and then reinstall it a second time. this might work, after all. Also if you can provide the install logs (via Pastebin or so), that might offer some clues.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points