Skip navigation
bartlett12345333
Currently Being Moderated

AE file crash on opening - URGENT HELP!

Dec 6, 2012 3:19 PM

After effects error crash occured while invoking effect plugin rotobrush - and then followed by auto colour - then AE saves a copy of the file and crashes and closes...

I desperately need the file - is there anyway to recover it!

This happened after a crash during rendering - ived tried removing the preferences but no use...

ANY help would be greatly appreciated.  THANKS

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 6, 2012 3:19 PM   in reply to bartlett12345333

We need to know a lot more to help you. Please provide answers to the questions listed here: "FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?"

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 6, 2012 7:15 PM   in reply to bartlett12345333

As Todd said, we need a lot more info. Since the problem sounds like a hardware acceleration issue, we need exact system info, what version of AE is used, what's involved in the project etc.. That aside for the time being try to open the project with capslock enabled to prevent rendering of the comp. This could allow you to remove the offending effect and data. Likewise, you could try to open it on another system, if possible...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2013 8:28 AM   in reply to bartlett12345333

Same problem here. When i'm opening my project i always get the same error message:

After Effects error: crash occurred while invoking effect plug-in "Roto Brush" and After Effects error: crash occurred while invoking effect plug-in "Parametric EQ"

I tried to open my project with capslock enabled to prevent rendering but i didn't worked. I tried to create a new comp and import my project and it keeps crashing with the same error messages.

I'm using After Effects CS6 11.0.2.11 on an iMac 2.8GHz Intel Core i7 16GB Ram with OS X 10.8.3

THIS IS URGENT!!!!!!! ANY IDEA?????

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2013 8:19 AM   in reply to SebastienRob

I fixed my problem. On a Mac if you right click on an application you will have the option "Show Package Content".

Screen Shot 2013-05-03 at 10.47.56 AM.png

Inside that folder I found the plugin called "Roto Brush.plugin" that was causing the trouble.

While After Effects was closed I removed the plugin temporarly.

I opened my Project and deleted the sequence that was causing trouble.

And then after closing After Effect I moved back the plugin where it belongs.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 26, 2013 2:29 PM   in reply to SebastienRob

I'm currently having exactly the same problem on a Mac.

I'm follwing your steps, really hope it works - no pressure!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points