Skip navigation
Michalek1478
Currently Being Moderated

Internal software error cpp, line 214 - creating subtitles failed / please help

Dec 6, 2012 4:53 PM

Tags: #cpp #internal_software_error #line_214.

Hello,

it a pretty toutgh expierience trying to create my first dvd with Adobe,

I have to hand it over this Friday, in some 12 hours,

and there is another issue I have to cope with:

1. I have the project ready, I check for errors and there are no.

2. My project has 2 two timelines (movie and soundtrack) and subtitles in 7 languages. All already transcoded.

3. I press build DVD.ISO and here comes the wonderful Adobe greeting: Internal software error. File Spec: cpp, line 214. I clik ok and the other window appears happilly informing me that creating subtitles failed. And creating of thesee subtitles was the only reason I started using Adobe Premiere Pro and Encore

Could you please help me, I am going slightly crazy with it. How can I resolve this issue. I tried to look at the forum, but did not find the solution. Neither @ google.

Best regards,

Michal

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 6, 2012 6:40 PM   in reply to Michalek1478

2. My project has 2 two timelines (movie and soundtrack) and subtitles in 7 languages. All already transcoded.

Why two timelines? The movie itself and the soundtrack would be on one timeline, as would all the subtitle options. Are you just saying that there are two movies, each with video and audio and 7 subtitle tracks?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 6, 2012 7:01 PM   in reply to Michalek1478

3. I press build DVD.ISO and here comes the wonderful Adobe greeting: Internal software error. File Spec: cpp, line 214. I clik ok and the other window appears happilly informing me that creating subtitles failed.

Searches for this error are not promising. I see no solutions, and some things to try that got mixed results.

Jeff Bellune on cow at that point suggesting trying the fix for font issues. (change font kerning and then undo.) save, reopen, and build.

Are any of your subtitles very close together?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 6, 2012 8:43 PM   in reply to Michalek1478

Thanks for posting your solution!

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2013 11:51 AM   in reply to Michalek1478

I had the same problem. Except my DVD was complete and building with no issue until I had to replace the video track with a new file. Then I started getting the line 214 error and no subtitles.

I deleted the 1st subtitle track and replaced it. The next build was perfect and all subtitle tracks (15 languages, whew!) showed up again with no error.

Thanks for the fix - hope this helps someone else who has to replace a video track in a finished DVD.

-a-

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points