Skip navigation
Radio Geek
Currently Being Moderated

Planning an Adobe Drive & CS6 Installation

Dec 6, 2012 3:32 PM

Greetings,

I have been assigned to plan and install a CS3 (inc Version Cue) to CS6 migration.

The Creative Suite side of things I have a handle on.  So Far So Good.

What I am in the dark on is the Asset Management side of things.  I gather Version Cue is a thing of the past and Adobe Drive is the current source/content management application.  What I can't find is any detailed planning and deployment documentation.  I have found heaps of marketing fluff, but nothing that will help me work out what infrastructure I need.

I am looking for deployemnt design ideas and integration information to plan the back end - that is servers, NAS, network, DR that sort of information.

This is a small deployment with only 3 or 4 creatives but managing the content and centralising the day to day and archive storage is very important (for back up and DR purposes).

Any idea where I need to look to find the info?  Thanks

Colin

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 6, 2012 5:02 PM   in reply to Radio Geek

Colin,

Adobe Drive 2.1 was the last release of Adobe Drive that supported working with Version Cue. With the release of Adobe Drive 3 in August 2011, the Version Cue CS4 Connector and the Version Cue Migration Tool were removed from the product. The latest release of Adobe Drive is version 4 which is designed to work with CS6 products. As you gathered, Adobe announced Version Cue end-of-life with the release of Creative Suite 5 and is no longer supported.

We suggest that customers in this situation (needing to migrate from Version Cue) identify an asset management system to work with going forward; either from Adobe (Adobe CQ DAM) or a number of outside vendors.

To ensure its clear, Adobe Drive is an application that allows one to connect the following CS applications (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe Bridge & InCopy) to a DAM system. Having an Adobe Drive integration provides full access to content on a DAM system from the Explorer or Finder and includes the ability to check in, check out, add check in comments, compare versions and more from directly within the supported CS applications.

In addition to Adobe Drive, to fully enable the connection to a DAM server, one needs an Adobe Drive plug-in (what we call connectors) to interface with the DAM system. We include a generic CMIS compliant connector that will work with servers that implement the Content Management Interoperability Services (CMIS) specification and we also include a connector that is design to work with Adobe's CQ DAM. There are also custom connectors available from third-party vendors that are designed to work with their DAM system.

Feel free to contact me directly if you have more questions.

Regards,

Laurel

Adobe Drive Product Manager

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 6, 2012 5:09 PM   in reply to Radio Geek

What are the top use cases for your creatives related to managing content?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points