Skip navigation
Finney2195
Currently Being Moderated

Need Help!?

Dec 7, 2012 4:45 AM

Tags: #crash #cs6

I have recently downloaded the Photoshop CS6 trial version, but every time I try to add a second picture to a new layer this error pops up: 'Adobe Photoshop CS6 has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.' Now, I've tried some things that have been said to stop it, but so far it hasn't worked. Can anyone tell me how to resolve this problem? Do I need to re-install? Is it the type of pictures I'm using? Someone tell me!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 7, 2012 4:50 AM   in reply to Finney2195

Now, I've tried some things that have been said to stop it, but so far it hasn't worked.

Which things?

Boilerplate-text:

Are Photoshop and OS fully updated and have you performed the usual trouble-shooting routines (trashing prefs by keeping command-alt-shift/ctrl-alt-shift pressed while starting Photoshop after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved and making a note of the Preferences you’ve changed, 3rd party plug-ins deactivation, system maintenance, cleaning caches, font validation, etc.)?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 7, 2012 6:42 AM   in reply to Finney2195

You're being kind of vague can you give us some specifics about the files you are using,tthe sstem you are using maybe how your hardware is configured?

You could have permissions issue or a memory issue or a conflict or with out knowing anything about your set up it s hard to say.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,526 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 7, 2012 6:58 AM   in reply to Finney2195

Beyond the things C.P. has mentioned above, display driver problems are often implicated in Photoshop crashes.

To gather more info, look in your Window Event Logs (specifically the Application log) for more info.  Copy the info and paste it here.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 10, 2012 9:58 AM   in reply to Finney2195

Do you mind sharing what your brother did? I have the exact same problem.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points