Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

running live on Dreamweaver

Dec 7, 2012 9:36 AM

I created a web site and click on live on the Dreamweaver.

It shows the screen, but the button does not execute the code and the link does not vring me to the new link page.

I just wonder that does live in the Dreamweave only show the screen or the link and code will work as live web site?

By the way, does Dreamweaver support breakpoint for any language like CF tag, HTML and JavaScripts let developer can stop to check variable value?

I use CS 6 DreamWeaver.

Your information and help is great appreciated,

Regards,

Iccsi,

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 7, 2012 9:43 AM   in reply to iccsi

Live View only shows the page in a quasi-browser rendering.

Always use Preview in Browser to see what your actual page looks like and how it functions in the real browsers.

At minimum, you should be testing your page in IE, Firefox, Safari, Chrome and Opera using the Preview in Browser function.

EDIT: For pages using dynamic content or server scripting, you'll need to set up a local server for testing on your machine.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 10, 2012 4:05 PM   in reply to iccsi

Dreamweaver doesn't have built-in features for debugging JavaScript, which means no breakpoints.

If you use Google Chrome or Firefox, you should consider using some of the built-in functionality to debug your code. You can then just do a Preview In Browser from Dreamweaver, then debug away.

This article has a decent intro to debugging JS in the browsers, including the excellent advice to write to the Console: http://www.netmagazine.com/tutorials/javascript-debugging-beginners

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points