Skip navigation
BadFish1970
Currently Being Moderated

Liquify photoshop CS6 stopped working.

Dec 7, 2012 11:03 AM

Good Morning,

I have Lightroom 4, Photoshop CS6 and am trying to edit a photograph in Photoshop using liquify. I did a test on a jpeg photo the night before and it worked just fine, I was able to maniplulate the file. However last night when I tried to edit a file from lightroom or any jpeg file now with liquify it doesn't do anything. An example of this is that when I open the same jpeg as I did the night beofre and select for example the hand tool nothing happens to the image as I pull on parts of the image. I have changed the brush size and the pressure settings but no change. Any ideas? I am really new to photoshop.

Thanks,

Replies
  • JJMack
    5,995 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 7, 2012 1:14 PM   in reply to BadFish1970

First make sure all the Liquify settings over on the right of the panel look correct. Change some if they look correct and play with the tools and see if changing settings fixes the problem.

When Photoshop starts to behave badly often the only to get it back inyo its nor working condition is to reset your userid Photoshop Preferences. Be forewarned if you do that preferences you has set will revert to Adobe default settings.  So you may want to backup your settings before resetting then.  You could also try restoring the from a system backup you may have from before the time it stopped working correctly. 

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 7, 2012 1:43 PM   in reply to BadFish1970

Look at the "Show Backdrop" setting in Liquify. It may be inadvertently set to show something "In Front", possibly even the same layer as you're liquifying.

Screen shot 2012-12-07 at 21.36.17.png

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points