Skip navigation
ALWebmaster
Currently Being Moderated

Multiple Spreads in Master Sheet

Dec 7, 2012 11:41 AM

Tags: #spreads #master_page #master_spread

Is there a way to create multiple spreads in a master sheet?  I know you can create many pages, but if I have a master sheet that has 4 pages all the pages are connected and I have to worry about the printer's ability to cut precisely for full bleeds.  Instead I would prefer to identify which pages should be part of a spread.

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 7, 2012 12:20 PM   in reply to ALWebmaster

let me see... indesign no allow us to created a master sheet for a start like you whant (4 pages), but you can create a normal spread of 4 pages or more, only have to do is allow the spread to shuffle, make you spread whereaver you like and then save all the spread like master.

spread.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 7, 2012 12:33 PM   in reply to ALWebmaster

You need two masters (maybe more?). Why do you want to creat four pages tha are not acutally part of a single spread in one master? What are you gaining? If you are looking for a way to add a fold-out, make a copy of the first master, or base the new master on it, and add the extra pages.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 7, 2012 2:34 PM   in reply to ALWebmaster

I think you may misunderstand the concept of a master page. It's a template on which document pages are based. You can have hundreds of pages based on a single master.

and the maximum number of pages ID allows per spread is 10.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 8, 2012 6:47 AM   in reply to ALWebmaster

That's correct.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers