Skip navigation
RaceRev
Currently Being Moderated

Testing PS Elements for Scanning  & Printing Checks -is there a way to print as a doc not as a photo

Dec 7, 2012 1:58 PM

Tags: #print #elements.

I am testing PS Elements for Scanning  & Printing Checks -is there a way to print as a doc and not as a photo - it is a waste of ink and time to print as a photo???.  I could do it out of a very old version of Photoshop that came with my computer that ran W97 or 98, my new computer is W7-64 and I am having trouble printing jpg's as anything except a photo.  W-XP pro with old version of PS allowed me to print as a document on plain paper..Please Help.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 7, 2012 2:00 PM   in reply to RaceRev

Hi there! Because the forum you originally posted in is for beginners trying to learn the basics of Photoshop, I moved your question to the Photoshop Elements forum, where you'll get more specialized help.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 7, 2012 2:18 PM   in reply to RaceRev

Go to main page Adobe Community page and use the Select Forum pulldown menu.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 7, 2012 5:49 PM   in reply to RaceRev

RaceRev wrote:

I am testing PS Elements for Scanning  & Printing Checks -is there a way to print as a doc and not as a photo - it is a waste of ink and time to print as a photo???.  I could do it out of a very old version of Photoshop that came with my computer that ran W97 or 98, my new computer is W7-64 and I am having trouble printing jpg's as anything except a photo.  W-XP pro with old version of PS allowed me to print as a document on plain paper..Please Help.

You can try two different ways to print your photos as a document:

1) Download a trial version of Adobe Acrobat XI and you it as your printer.  This creates a pdf file for you and you can just view the file on your screen or print it out using your printer;

2) Windows 7 comes with Microsoft XPS Document Writer.  You can select it as your printer and save the file as a document by giving it a name;

Click on this this picture to get the idea:

http://tinyurl.com/bb9me6k

Good luck.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 7, 2012 6:32 PM   in reply to RaceRev

1. how do I get it to print?

2. do I really need to go through all of that just to get one item to print?

3. Is there any easer way?

1) You just double click on the saved file and it will open in your browser.  If you want to print this then simply do this:

File >> Print  (or click on the printer icon in your toolbar)

2) To create a document yes but it should become a second nature routine.  I do it all the time because I don't like to print anything unless it is absolutely necessary.

3) Practice makes it easier!!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 7, 2012 7:32 PM   in reply to RaceRev

You should be able just to go into the printer preferences via the button in the PSE print window and choose a different setting (plain document).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points