Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Windows 8 Pro Adobe Bridge CS6 5.0.1.23 x64 not responding

Dec 7, 2012 3:55 PM

On my new SSD with a fresh install of Windows 8 Pro and Adobe CS6 Design and Web Premium, I regularly get a "(not responding)" warning in Bridge's (5.0.1.23 x64) title bar when opening a folder location, and the program takes around 10-20 seconds to display folder contents. This seems to be an indexing or caching issue, but I have not resolved it through the following fix attempts.

In Bridge settings, I have placed the cache on the OS SSD at "C:\Users\York\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Bridge CS6\Cache", and I have placed it on a separate internal physical HDD at "D:\Adobe Bridge CS6 temp cache". I have experimented with all other options (100% previews, export, manage, compact, and purge cache - restarting the app after each tweak).

I have Ctrl-opened Bridge to access the "Reset setting" dialog box, where I restored default preferences and purged the cache. This did seem to alleviate the problem temporarily, but it did not resolve it.

I have not uninstalled, repaired, or re-installed Bridge because it is not listed as a standalone app in the "Windows Control Panel > Programs and Features > Uninstall or change a program" window or the Adobe CS6 Design and Web Premium installer.

My system is Intel i7-2600K, Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti, 32GB RAM, Samsung 840 250GB SSD, various HDDs.

My other system, an Intel Quad-Core Q6600, Asus P5Q-Pro, AMD Radeon HD 6950, 8GB RAM, Samsung 840 250GB SSD, various HDDs, does not have this problem.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Replies

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points