Skip navigation
godsgrowth
Currently Being Moderated

My Premier Pro CS6 has suddenly started skipping frames during playback? Need Help.

Dec 7, 2012 3:21 PM

Have been using the software Brand new out of box with no issues at all for 3 months now. I turned on my computer yesterday and needed to edit some video, and noticed everything in my timeline, and even all my previous edited sequences and EVEN anything in My VIDEO BIN,  are all skipping a frame about every second or two when I watch them on the monitor, source monitor, multi camera monitor, any window Premier offers, Its jumping.  It has NO effect on the Audio at all, just video is jumping.

This makes it nearly impossible to know,  how my video is truly looking like. Again, has not done this since I bought it. So the computer was fine , is new, and powerful, but just one day, Pooh. Any thoughts, Thanks.

ALSO: My After Effects works fine on playbacks, and anything in there does not skip or jump.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 7, 2012 3:54 PM   in reply to godsgrowth

Well, it sounds like something has changed recently, so the first place to look is there.  What changed, was it necessary, and can you undo it?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 7, 2012 4:20 PM   in reply to godsgrowth

Premiere Pro plays back clips in real time and relies on the speed / performance of your hard disk (as well as GPU ) for smooth playback.

After Effects does not play in real time. It creates ram previews and therefore doesnt work  the same as Premiere.

Check hard disk for playback speed  issues with the free AJA system check software for starters.

Deleting all your media cache and preview  files for Premiere is another good thing to do.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 7, 2012 4:40 PM   in reply to godsgrowth

... and maybe defragment your drives.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 7, 2012 10:04 PM   in reply to godsgrowth

Well if the jumping problem isnt there its probably a result of one of the things you did.

In the future do one process then check for results. That way you you can isolate what helped. 

If the problem is gone theres little chance we can found out what the problem was.

Side bar.....

You failed to mention what the AJA Speed test utility indicates your media drives are playing back at. Crucial information.

Also how full is that media drive and please give me full details on it. Without more info I cant be of much more help.

Heres some guidelines for info needed.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/961743

This info applies to trouble shooting Premiere and After Effects. Thanks.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points