Skip navigation
Darren256
Currently Being Moderated

Premeire Elements 10 - Blank DVD

Dec 7, 2012 9:34 PM

Tags: #premiere_elements_10

I have been using PE 10 for some time and have done several projects.  When I burn it says that it is complete but the DVD is blank.  I have tried to burn a folder and that works.  I tried to take that folder and burn the DVD but, I wasn't able to figure out how to use imgburn yet.  The current project I have won't burn to DVD but, I was able to burn a Blu-ray.  Two different drives.  The project I had was over 2 hours long so I cut it down to under 2 hours still wont burn.  No error messages.  I even went back and tried to burn a project that I done in the past and it wouldn't finish the burn and stuck at 99%.  Is there software that is incompatible with PE 10? 

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

D..

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 8, 2012 8:13 AM   in reply to Darren256

To use ImgBurn, select the option to Burn Folder to Disc, then select the VIDEO_TS folder (the folder itself, not the files inside) and click the Burn button.

Before we try to figure out why there's no data moving between the program and your disc drive, let's see if you can complete the task with another program.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 8, 2012 8:26 AM   in reply to Darren256

Things and Software to AVOID when authoring/burning a DVD... says Encore, but also applies to Premiere Elements and disc burning

Start --> http://forums.adobe.com/thread/608660

#2 has WHY Explained http://forums.adobe.com/thread/607390

Plus http://forums.adobe.com/thread/562941

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 8, 2012 9:00 AM   in reply to Darren256

>video from 2 different cameras

I don't have any saved links, but if that is two different KINDS of video, I am fairly sure that I have read in the past that PreElements does not work well in that situation

The solution I have read is to convert to a common format/codec for editing

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 24, 2012 7:07 AM   in reply to Darren256

OK, is it the problem Project, that DID Burn to Folder?

If so, first check inside the resulting VIDEO_TS folder, and see if you have the IFO, BUP and VOB files. Then use a DVD software player, such as the great, free MediaPlayer Classic HC, to see if that folder plays. If so, then try Steve's instructions for ImagBurn, to see if it can Burn to Disc.

Also, what brand of blank media are you using? I recommend Falcon Pro, Verbatim, or Taiyo-Yuden, as the only really reliable brands.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 24, 2012 1:54 AM   in reply to Darren256

Have you a 'STOP' marker at the very end of the timeline? If so delete it - it is not needed and can cause disc burning problems.

Cheers,
    --
    Neale
    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers