Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Export IK Frame by Frame to use in AS 2?

Dec 8, 2012 6:17 AM

Tags: #action_script_3 #flash_cs5.5 #conversion #bone_tool #ik #action_script_2

Ok, last project for my class in school.  Here's my dilemma.

We had one week where we were taught to use the bone tool in the most basic fashion.  The instructor hates AS3.0, however, so anything we learned, we weren't allowed to use in future projects.  Now we have a final project and there are a couple of us who would like to utilize the bone tool for some character animation.  Since you can only use it natively in AS 3.0, I've been looking for a way to "export" it to AS 2.0.  I saw a post on here that said if you coverted it to a frame by frame animation, you should be able to do something with it in 2.0. I exported it, then tried adding it to my 2.0 test file and stuck it on a motion guide.  All the motion guiding is working fine, but the "movie clip" portion which includes the converted frame by frame poses isn't kicking in.

I thought I read something about "cut and Paste" as well.  But I am unclear as to whether I am supposed to select everything on the stage, paste it to the 2.0 file, then... I don't know.  The workflow for this isn't something I quite grasp.

If anyone has been able to use the bone tool in a 3.0 file, then has successfully managed to take that and make it work in a 2.0 file, I'd love to know how this was achieved.  We don't have much time left for the project, but if I can streamline the workflow here and nail down the actual steps, we might be able to pull off something nifty and get around the anti 3.0 problem anyway.

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide.

Replies
  • kglad
    72,235 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Dec 8, 2012 6:27 AM   in reply to Rayven Wolfe

there are a number of ways to do that.  the fastest is to copy that frame-by-frame animation and paste them into a movieclip.  create a new as2 file and drag and that movieclip from your as3 file to your new as2 file.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,235 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Dec 8, 2012 6:59 AM   in reply to Rayven Wolfe

you're welcome.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...