Skip navigation
BlerZ
Currently Being Moderated

Three Monitor Save, Two Monitor Hang- CS6

Dec 8, 2012 11:17 AM

I have three monitors running from my Dell M6600 at work.  I save a Premiere Project with any panel open on the third monitor. Then take my computer home where I only have two monitors and open the project file, Premiere hangs.  It will never launch the application fully.  It opens to the point where it would normally load project data, and then hangs.

As a workarround I have begun making sure I save the project with all panels on two screens.  However, if I forget then the only solution I have is to go to work to open the project.  (Or get a third monitor at home...)

I would love to be able to edit the project XML and remove or reset the panel layout.  Anyone else experiencing this issue?  or know how to "hack/workaround" the project file?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 8, 2012 7:20 PM   in reply to BlerZ

Easy fix.

Go home and enjoy your self instead of taking work home.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 10, 2012 12:54 PM   in reply to BlerZ

Get a third monitor for home will be another  easy solution then.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 10, 2012 3:13 PM   in reply to BlerZ

If you create a workspace with the same name on both machines, but as a two screen set up at home and three at work, when the project loads it will look for a file with this name, and use the correct workspace for that machine.

I haven't actually tested this, but my understanding is that it should work. If there's no workspace with this name on the machine it uses the workspace from the project, which is where it's going wrong for you.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 10, 2012 3:47 PM   in reply to BlerZ

Out of curiosity...why three monitors?   Whats on each one?

Screen Grabs would be good.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 10, 2012 4:45 PM   in reply to SimonHy

when the project loads it will look for a file with this name, and use the correct workspace for that machine.

I don't think that's correct.  Each project loads with the last saved window arrangement, named or not.  So he'll need to rearrange the windows before saving at work (or get that third monitor at home).

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 10, 2012 5:30 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

Jim Simon wrote:

I don't think that's correct.  Each project loads with the last saved window arrangement, named or not.  So he'll need to rearrange the windows before saving at work (or get that third monitor at home).

I'm just going by the help file:

http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

"If a project saved with a custom workspace is opened on another system, the application looks for a workspace with a matching name. If it can’t find a match (or the monitor configuration doesn’t match), it uses the current local workspace."

But like I said, I haven't tested it out myself.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2012 7:42 AM   in reply to SimonHy

I'm working off experience myself, that's why I don't think it's correct.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points